The HDC’s extensive affordable housing development resume is not limited in any way, it encompasses: for-sale single family housing, multi-family rental housing, special needs housing with supportive services, senior housing, family housing, veteran housing and housing for the disabled. All of these have been finished product over many years of growing our portfolio and meeting the shared mission with the Housing Authority of Bergen County of being “Committed to Creating and Preserving Affordable Housing” in Bergen County.
Creativity is a signature mark of the HDC. We work individually with municipalities to develop housing that meets their needs and compliments the neighborhood the development will be built in. HDC has creatively partnered with the for-profit and non-profit community to develop affordable housing and more recently has financed the redevelopment and renovation of a prior developed and aged affordable housing project to ensure their long-term affordability and habitability.
The completed construction of Emerson Veterans Affordable Housing brings the strength of our affordable development portfolio to over 800 units, of which 575 are owned by HDC and maintained by the HABC. The balance are the affordable single-family for-sale units – for which the HDC has right of first refusal upon sale to insure continued affordability.
HDC Board of Trustees
- Al Restaino, Jr. President – Borough Administrator, Borough of Fort Lee
- Diane Scriveri, Vice President – Executive Vice President/Chief Lending Officer, Freedom Bank
- Michael Apicella, Treasurer – Certified Tax Collector
- Daniel Ortega, Trustee – Community Affairs, Engineers Labor Employer Cooperative 825
- Harvey Sohmer - Trustee
- Pete Caminiti, Trustee – Caminiti Associates, President(Retired)
- Joseph Rutch, Trustee – Borough Administrator, Borough of Cliffside Park
Director of Development